Charlie Saxon had an outstanding first full year as a professional golfer in 2016, finishing 2nd on the PGA Tour China Order of Merit. A rookie on the Web.com Tour in 2017, Charlie has signed a multi-year agreement with Fidelity Sports Group for exclusive world-wide representation and management.
Charlie played college golf at the University of Oklahoma, and was named an Academic All American and to multiple Big 12 teams for golf. After graduating in 2015, his first full calendar year of professional golf was in 2016. Charlie took full advantage of the opportunity to travel globally, and obtained status on PGA Tour Latin America and PGA Tour China thru the respective Q-Schools.
Highlights from 2016 include:
- Played in first four events of PGA Tour Latin America Schedule, making 3 cuts.
- 2nd place at the 85 Abierto OSDE del Centro Presented by FiberCorp (in Argentina)
- 1st Place Ping An Bank Open on PGA Tour China
- 1st Place Zhuhai Hengqing Phoenix Tree Open on PGA Tour China (4 Shot Win)
- 6th Henan Open on PGA Tour China
- 6th United Investment Real Estate Wuhan Open on PGA Tour China
- 3rd Ping An Private Bank Wanda Open on PGA Tour China
- 2nd Yulongwan Yunnan Open on PGA Tour China
- 3rd Clearwater Bay Open on PGA Tour China
- Monday Qualified for Web.com Tour Digital Ally Open event
- Made Cut and Finished 31st at Digital Ally Open (68-66-69-70)